Dec 24, 2008, 3:11 AM
“All school proprietors are hereby informed that henceforth, any school found operating without approval from the ministry (of Basic and Secondary Education) will be closed immediately,” the ministry said in a statement issued yesterday.
The education ministry said they will not only close defaulting schools, but such institutions “shall be blacklisted for a period of five years”.
In the statement, the ministry warned parents to seek for school’s approval letter/licence before enrolling their children.
Earlier on, MoBSE had temporarily closed down many primary, basic cycle and senior secondary schools for failing to comply with certain regulations or falling short in meeting certain standards of operation.