#Headlines

COVID-19 update: 3 discharged after undergoing quarantine

Apr 15, 2020, 3:03 PM | Article By: Pa Modou Cham

The acting director of health services, Dr. Mustapha Bittaye yesterday told journalists at a press briefing that among the five confirmed new cases, three were earlier released after undergoing quarantine and when brought back later, they tested positive.

“Three of the confirmed cases were charge and bring back and tested. Everybody that is under quarantine will be tested. We are going back to all those that have been released to get them tested again. Some of them are out of the country but those in town will be tested.”

On the increment of the quarantine days to 21, Bittaye explained there seems to be a lapse in the quarantine process and that was discussed.

The WHO regulation says that “if you are coming from a hotspot, you should be keep isolation in mandatory quarantine or home isolation”.

“In The Gambia, we saying in order to observe these people, any case that is coming from a hotspot area, has to go under mandatory supervision.”

“The idea is, if anyone is under quarantine and is not symptomatic, they will be freed but if they develop symptoms, we will test them quickly.”

Meanwhile, Senegalese Ministry of Health yesterday reported 8 new cases which brings the total to 299 new cases,83 recovered and 113 treated, 2 dead.

However, distribution of basic commodities worth of CFA69 billion to the needy started since last week.

President Macky appealed to the private sector heads not to sack any worker during the pandemic.

He allocated a sum of CFA12.5 billion to the Senegalese diaspora for assistance.

Read Other Articles In Headlines
Musa Molloh tomb
Musa Molloh’s tomb to be updated
Jul 1, 2020, 11:32 AM

The National Centre for Arts and Culture (NCAC) is working on plans to upgrade the Musa Molloh tomb.
The upgrading of the tomb will further help to interpret and promote the heritage of Musa Molloh, the Gambian anti colonial fighter and warrior.

Kerr Katem
CRR happy as 9.5 km feeder road project begins
May 5, 2020, 1:22 PM

Communities in Niamina East District, Central River Region are rejoicing as the foundation stone for the construction of a 9.5KM feeder road has begun in earnest.

Januaro Wande
‘Bissau Guinean committed suicide because of frustration’
Jun 8, 2020, 11:27 AM

Kebba Sambou, a pest controller, on the 3rd June, 2020, told the coroner inquest presided over by Principal Magistrate Isatou Janneh-Njie that Januaro Wande Beducande Findon, a Guinea Bissau national, committed suicide because of frustration.

Migrants
Thousands of undocumented migrants to get Italian work permits
May 15, 2020, 11:41 AM

Thousands of undocumented migrants will now be allowed to apply to temporarily stay and work in Italy under an amnesty announced as the country unveiled a $59.6bn stimulus package to cushion the economic impact of the coronavirus.