#Article (Archive)

Harmiz share points with Jabulani

Jan 19, 2015, 10:33 AM | Article By: Alieu Bobb

Harmiz FC on Saturday drew with their counterpart Jabulani FC 1-all in the second game of the fifth edition of the Kotu Quarry Youth and Sports Committee organized tournament, played at the Kotu football field.

This year’s competition brought together 14 teams to contest for the trophy. Teams from Latrikunda battled it out in their opening game of the competition.

Captain Ebou Colley opened the score line for Jabulani in the 12th minute of the game to give his side hope of collecting the maximum points.

Jabulani head coach Saidou Sallah was sent off in the 60th minute of the game.

Nicol Silver levelled the scores for Harmiz FC in the 73rd minute of the game to bring back his boys into the game.

Earlier on Friday, Star Boys FC shared the spoils with Golden FC, following a 1-all draw in the opening game of the tournament. Muhammed Camara opened the score sheet for Star Boys FC in the 23rd minute of the game, while substitute Ousman Manga responded for Golden FC in the 63rd minute of the game.

Speaking to Pointsports shortly after the game, Harmiz FC head coach Amadou Ndom expressed delight with his boys’ performance, describing the game as a good one for his side.

They were losing their balance in the first half, but rectified their mistakes during the second period and at the end it worked out for them, resulting in them collecting a point.

They prepared fully, both physical and mentally, he stated, adding that they knew the game was not going to be easy for them, and that was what exactly happened.

The game plan they used in the first half was not well-practiced; as such they had to rectify their mistakes in the second half.

Some of his players were playing out of role, and so he had to change them in the second half and bring in the right players.

Saidou Sallah, head coach of Jabulani, said poor officiating resulted in the draw, adding that the refaree sent him off because he questioned what he described as ‘bad’ refereeing.

His side should have buried the game in the first half, because they created so many chances they could not capitalize on.

He also said that the wind contributed to their draw, as it was against them in the second period of the game.

As coach of the team, he is under no pressure, he said, adding that they prepared well for the encounter and did what was meant to be done during the game.

They will prepare well for their next encounter in order to collect the maximum points, he said, and called on the organising committee to go for qualified referees, and not footballers, because the competition has gone passed that stage.