Nov 12, 2020, 11:46 AM
The newly elected chairperson of the West African Tax Administration Forum (WATAF), said he’s grateful to ECOWAS Member States for the trust and confidence bestowed on him to lead WATAF in the next two years.
A Guinea man has died after rubble of sand he was mining fell on him while mining at the Sambuya Sand Mining Quarry; The point has been reliably informed.
The victim, who was identified as Sandele Sankareh, met his untimely death last week when a heap of sand rubble fell completely covering him.
A source who spoke to this medium on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the development and further described the incident as ‘so sad’.
“The deceased (Sandela Sankareh) who is an adult died when heap of sand collapse on him. However, with the help of people around the area he was removed from under the rumble of sand. He was rushed to Gunjur Health Centre and later referred to Kanifing General Hospital where he was pronounced death,” our source added.
In a separate development, our reporter has been informed that one Babucarr Mballow, 60, a Senegalese fisherman, who went out for fishing in Kartong was reported to have drowned. The deceased body has been recovered and taken back to Senegal for burial.
The chairman of the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparation Commission (TRRC), Dr. Lamin J. Sise has indicated that with the increase of the Covid-19 cases, the commission has suspended its hearings and will continue working on putting together some aspects of the final report.
Latrikunda Sabiji, 5th August, 2020: With the increase in the number of people contracting coronavirus in The Gambia, The Gambia Association of Local Government Authorities [GALGA] is calling on the Government of The Gambia and all the eight Local Councils to be more focused on the welfare of their people to contain local transmissions.
State Counsel A.M. Yusuf yesterday told the High Court in Banjul before Justice Ebrima Jaiteh that the prosecution would call three more witnesses in the murder case involving Yankuba Touray. He added that they received a call from the TRRC that they are putting more effort to produce the statement requested by Defence Counsel Sissoho.