#Article (Archive)

Student testifies in assault and trespass case

Jun 14, 2013, 11:02 AM | Article By: Alieu Bobb

One Yaya Fatty, a student, on Tuesday testified before Magistrate Abeke of the Kanifing Magistrates’ Court in the trial involving Alasana Sawaneh, Kaddijatou Hydara and Drammeh Hydara.

Yaya Fatty told the court that on 17 March2013, while he was at Senegambia, he received a telephone call from his elder brother, Adama Fatty, that he had a problem or quarreled with his wife, Fatoumata Ceesay.

He said he then left for the compound in Kanifing where he met the accused persons in the compound quarrelling with his elder brother.

According to him, Kaddijatou Hydara was telling her daughter, Fatoumatta Ceesay, who is the wife of Adama Fatty that she was the only one to accept that nonesense, because when her husband was coming from Germany, he came with a white woman.

He further told the court that the complainant asked the accused persons to go out of the compound but they refused.

He said the complainant then asked his wife to tell the accused persons to go out of the compound, which they did.

The witness stated that the first and second accused persons started hitting the door until the glass got broken, adding that the complainant opened the door and he met the first accused and knocked him on his ear.

“That was the time I came out and I met the second and third accused persons jointly beating the complainant. I shouted at them,” he said.

He said the first accused was then taken to a nearby compound.

He added that the second accused was telling the complainant that he was just from Europe following women or prostitutes.

The complainant then said to the second accused that she was the only person who could tell him that, adding that the accused persons were by then standing on the veranda of a storey building, he said.

He said that was the time the complainant came and wanted to attack the first accused, who was using abusive words on him, but was stopped.

He said the complainant then asked him to go to his vehicle because he had some documents and money in the vehicle, adding that while he was standing by the vehicle, a neighbor came and informed him that his brother was lying on the ground and was seriously injured.

According to him, he rushed to the scene and he met the elder brother on the ground with a serious injury on his mouth and four of his teeth were broken.

He said the elder brother was then taken to Serrekunda Hospital where he was admitted.

At that juncture, the case was adjourned till 17 June 2013.