#Article (Archive)

Kong Bi FC beat Hunters FC in West Nawettan

Sep 6, 2011, 2:11 PM | Article By: Fatoumatta Jawara & Cherno Omar Bobb

Kong Bi FC on Saturday recovered from their 1-0 defeat to Cambel Town FC in their opening game of the Serrekunda West Sports Organisation Nawetaan to beat Hunters FC by 2-0 in a keenly contested encounter played at the Serrekunda West Mini-stadium.

The first chance of the game went to Hunters FC in the 25th minute of the game when Lamin Jobe had a golden opportunity to put his side ahead but his shot went straight to goalkeeper Sainey Saho, who saved the ball for a corner kick.

Hunters FC were reduced to ten men in the 47th minute of the game when goalkeeper Baboucarr Faye was sent off after been shown a second bookable offence for bringing down Dawda Cole inside the eighteen-yard box.

Francis Senghore converted the penalty for Kong Bi FC in the 52nd minute of the game. Six minutes later, Dawda Cole struck the stand bar for Kong FC from a sensible shot.

Francis Senghore sealed the victory for Kong Bi FC in the 80th minute of the game to register his name twice on the score-sheet for his side.

Both teams have now collected three points each in two games.

In the 3pm kick-off of the same day, M. J. Finance FC drew 1-1 with Jarington Y Under-15 FC. Both teams have collected each a single point in two games.

Speaking to reporters shortly after the game, Sait Ceesay, head coach of Kong Bi FC, said he was really happy with the win because they lost their opening game of the competition.

He added that they know their opponents that was why they sealed the middle, noting that any game they are about to approach they study their opponents to counter them.

His boys stuck to their game plan, he said, adding that he was really impressed with their performance.

“We knew there were people behind us and we fought to give them the necessary result,” he said.

Salastin Badjie, head coach of Hunters FC, said they prepared well for the game but Kong Bi FC were the lucky side at the end of the day. 

He then apologised to the fans for the defeat and urged them to come out in their large numbers to support the team in their next game.

He noted that the way they started the game against Kong Bi FC was good but that the sending-off the match of his goalkeeper affected them.

He stated that the defeat against Kong Bi FC would not affect them in their next game. “We will prepare well for our next game to collect the maximum three points,” he added.

Meanwhile, Bundas FC have been fined five thousand dalasi (D5,000) for their supporters’ stoning and constantly using abusive and offending language at the assistant and central referees in their game against Blackpool FC resulting into the game being called off.

Abdou K. Danso, Bundas FC’s goalkeeper, was also given a three-match suspension and a fine of one thousand dalasi (D1,000) for physically assaulting two committee members.

Blackpool FC were awarded three points and two goals after the executive of the Serrekunda West Sports Organisation met to address the outcome of the encounter.

Read Other Articles In Article (Archive)