Nov 26, 2019, 12:01 PM
2016 Gambia Open golf competition will be hosted at the Fajara Golf Course and
Kololi Beach Club respectively by the Gambia Golf Association from 12 to 18
On Monday and Tuesday, 12 and 13 December will be practice day at the Fajara Club and Kololi Beach club while the cocktail draw for the tournament will take place at Kololi Beach Cub at 4.30 on Tuesday 13 December 2016.
The professionals will play their round one of 18 holes at the Fajara golf course on Wednesday 14 December before going on to play their round of 18 holes at the Kololi beach club on the evening of the same day.
The caddy competition of 18 holes will also be played on the same day at the Fajara golf course.
The final day of 18 holes for professionals will be played the following day at the same golf course.
Amateur day one (18 holes) will be played on Friday 16 December 2016 at the Kololi beach club while the day two also of 18 holes will be played on Saturday at the Fajara golf course.
Lunch and presentation of prizes will be held on Saturday at Fajara club while the golf open day will take place on Sunday at the Fajara golf course.
Meanwhile, the winner of the professional category will receive D50,000, second place will collect D23,000, third place will pocket home D12,000, fourth place will get D5,000, fifth will be rewarded with D3,000 while from sixth to twelfth position will each receive D1,000.
First, second and third place holders in the amateur men category one and category two as well as ladies will be rewarded.
Amateurs without certified handicaps who come first, second and third in the men competition will be rewarded as well as the first and second in the ladies of the same competition.
There will also be special prizes open to both categories of amateurs such as Men Longest Drive on hole No 1 at Fajara Club who will receive a Trophy; Ladies Longest Drive on hole No 3 at Fajara Club will also receive a Trophy.
The winner of the Longest Putt on hole No 13 at Fajara Club will also receive a trophy.
Nearest to the Pin on hole No 5 at Fajara Club will also be rewarded with a trophy while those with the lowest score at both Kololi Beach Club and at Fajara Club will go home with something.
There will also be prizes for the first, second and third place holders in the caddies competition.
The GGA said, in signing the Entry Form, participants in the 2016 Gambia Open shall indemnify and not hold liable, GGA, the Sponsors, the Organizers or the Host Clubs for any loss or damages to their equipment or personal belongings or harm or any form of injuries that the participants of the 2016 Gambia Open may suffer as a result of their participation in this tournament.
Meanwhile the conditions for the tournament are as follows below:
1. The Tournament will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as established by The R&A and the Local Rules as approved by the Fajara Club Golf Committee and Kololi Beach Club Management.
2. The Professionals’ stage of the Tournament will be medal over three rounds of 18 holes (a total of 54 holes), to be played over 2 days – 18 holes on Wednesday 14 December 2016 at Fajara Club, 18 holes on Wednesday 14 December 2016 at Kololi Beach Club and 18 holes on Thursday 15 December 2016 at Fajara Club. In the event of a tie, a sudden death playoff for 1st place will be held immediately following the completion of the final round. This will be held on the 1st hole of the Fajara Club. The playoff will continue on this same hole until a winner is declared. If weather or daylight halts the playoff at any time (to be determined by the head rules official), the players will be deemed co-champions and share the prize monies accordingly.
3. The Caddy Competition will be one round of medal played on Wednesday 14 December 2016 at Fajara Club. In the event of a tie, a sudden death playoff for 1st place will be held immediately following the completion of the round. This will be held on the 1st hole of the Fajara Club. The playoff will continue on this same hole until a winner is declared.
4. The Amateurs with certified handicaps will play two rounds of stableford – 18 holes on Friday 16 December 2016 at Kololi Beach Club and 18 holes on Saturday 17 December 2016 at Fajara Club. Amateurs will play off 50% of their certified handicap for the round at Kololi Beach Club. Ties in any category will be decided on the highest stableford points for the back nine of the final day at Fajara Club. If a tie still arises, the scores will be decided on the last 6, or 3 or 1.
5. The Amateurs without certified handicaps will play two rounds of stableford – 18 holes on Friday 16 December 2016 at Kololi Beach Club and 18 holes on Saturday 17 December 2016 at Fajara Club. These Amateurs will play off scratch. Ties in any category will be decided on the highest stableford points for the back nine of the final day. If a tie still arises, the scores will be decided on the last 6, or 3 or 1.
6. The specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf are in effect regarding Conforming Driver Heads, Golf Balls, Time of Starting and Slow Play for all players.
7. In the event of play being either delayed or declared null and void for any round, additional play will be at the discretion of the head rules official.
8. GGA arranges publicity before and during the Gambia Open in the print, radio, television broadcasting and the internet. Each competitor by entering the tournament and by agreeing to these terms and conditions assigns to GGA the right in perpetuity throughout the world to 5 make, use, exhibit and reproduce in any way known or hereafter devised (and to authorize others to do so) for commercial and other purposes from time to time and at their discretion, motion pictures, still pictures, live, taped or filmed television, sound recordings, and any other reproductions of any description of the competitor made during or in connection with the Tournament (including, without limitation, during practice and play) without compensation for the competitor or the heirs, successors, executors, administrators or assignees of the competitor. The competitor also assigns the rights to use and reproduce the competitor’s name, voice, likeness and biographical material in any way now known or hereafter devised by GGA for the purpose of promoting the Gambia Open without compensation for the competitor or the heirs, successors, executors, administrators or assignees of the competitor including in circumstances where it may include the logo of a 3rd Party or of a sponsor or patron of the Gambia Open.
9. Competitors may use a caddy for a fixed fee of GMD200.00 per round, which is to be paid promptly by the competitor (both professional and amateur) upon completion of his/her round.
10. All competitors are subject to the provisions of the GGA Anti-Doping Policy (Copies available upon request).
11. Entrants must conform in all respects to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by The R&A.
12. The entry form and fee must be received by one of the following persons on or before Friday 9 December 2016 at 5.00pm: the Treasurer of the Gambia Golf Association, the Treasurer of the Fajara Club Golf Committee or the Manager of Kololi Beach Club. Entry forms received after the above deadline may be rejected.
13. An entry shall be accepted only if the entry form is fully completed and signed by the entrant. Entry fees will be refunded if intimation of withdrawal is received on or before Monday 12 December 2016. After this date, entry fees will only be refunded to unsuccessful entrants who do not compete. A service charge of GMD300.00 will be deducted from all refunds.
14. All entries are subject to the approval of the GGA that reserves the right to disqualify any competitor making a false statement on his/her entry form and to accept or refuse or, having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
15. Each winner shall own and keep their prize monies and trophies.
16. The GGA reserves the right to amend these conditions and the decision of the GGA will in all matters, be final.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of The Gambia.