The inferno was said to have been caused by electrical spark.
Lamin Kinteh, one of the victims whose cash amounting to D7,000 perished, said he lost everything stored in the house including his late wife’s materials.
Kinteh noted that the incident happened at a time when most of them were out of the compound. He added that the Fire and Rescue Services were informed of the incident, who came to settle it down after an extensive damaged had already been done.
The family therefore solicits assistance from any philanthropists and Gambians business community. The family can be reached on: 7288724/3961775.