State House, Banjul, 26th August 2021: His Excellency the President of the Republic, President Adama Barrow, has in recent months assented to several Acts of the National Assembly including the following seven Acts;
• National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority Act, 2021
• Petroleum Commission Act, 2021
• Tourism Offences (Amendment) Act, 2021
• Persons with Disabilities Act, 2021
• National Assembly Service Act, 2021
• Supplementary Appropriation Act, 2021 and the most recent is the Access to Information Act, 2021.
These new laws represent a wide range of critical socio-economic interests that the President has relentlessly pursued since assuming office. Assenting to the Acts makes them legally binding laws of the Republic of The Gambia. The President has demonstrated commitment to the socio-economic transformation of Gambians, inclusive growth and fostering democracy.