The congress re-elected Sulaman Saho as president of the male youth wing.
Speaking at the opening, Sulayman
Saho, president of the youth wing extended his profound gratitude to the secretary general and leader of United Democratic Party (UDP), Lawyer Ousainou Darboe and the entire leadership of the party.
Mr. Saho said the congress was a constitutional requirement of the United Democratic Party to organise elections periodically as there are positions that are very crucial.
“We are honouring this day to make our party a Democratic Party for people to make their choice in selecting who they want and this goes down to the structure at the constituency level, regional level and ward level,” he added.
Mr. Saho continued that the main idea of the congress was to engage the youths into politics as they want to build a nation and that in building a nation, “youths cannot be left behind, they have to be at the centre and be fully involved.”
“Our Party is a peaceful party and we try to promote culture of peace in anything that we do and we call on youths to maintain peace, dignity and discipline,” he added.
The congress wrapped up electing the following at the executive level;
- Sulayman Saho, Youth President
- Karim Touray, 1st Vice president
- Hagi Suwaneh, 2nd vice president
- Kemo Bojang, Secretary General
- Lamin Ceesay, Deputy Secretary
- Sulayman Bojang, Treasurer
- Lamin Saho, Deputy Treasurer
- Babucarr Jammeh, Organising Secretary
- Alagie Fofana, Deputy organising Secretary
- Mbemba Kuyateh, Auditor
Female Youth Wing:
- Jimbeh Ceesay, President
- Binneh Marong, 1st vice president
- Awa Tambedou, 2nd vice president
- Yakumba Jaiteh, Secretary General
- Mariama Camara, Deputy Secretary General
- Matty Kanyi Sambou, Treasurer
- Neneh Isatou Jallow, Deputy Treasurer
- Kuta Fatty, Auditor