Jun 22, 2009, 8:33 AM
When the case was called, defence counsel Ayub John Njie announced his withdrawal from the matter.
At that juncture, the police prosecutor, Sub-inspector Sarr, told the court the case had been dragging at the instance of the defence.
He then applied for a bench warrant for the accused person to be arrested, and if the accused person was not seen, the surety should be arrested.
In his ruling, the presiding principal Magistrate Hilary Abeke told the court that was the second time the case had taken before him.
He said, according to the court’s record, on 5 November 2015 the matter resumed before the then magistrate and the accused person was present.
The court would give the accused the benefit of the doubt, and at the next adjournment date, if the accused person was not in court, he would revoke his bail and order his arrest and, if the accused was not seen, his surety would be arrested.