Kairo Survivor Led Crisis Society’s president urges Gambians to renew confidence in peace and stability
Jan 13, 2017, 9:53 AM
Kanifing Municipal Council, KMC, Disaster Management Committee, in collaboration with the Environmental Builders and Youth Enterpreneurship Organisation (EBYEO) are organising a series of sensitisation programmes on fire outbreak for students in Region One.
Speaking to students at
He urged students to ensure that they place the candle on an iron plate so that when it caught fire it would melt on the iron plate or put the candle on an iron cup, then fix the candle inside the sand and fill it with sand or water.
On the issue of fumigation, Mr. Sanyang said when lighting charcoal on a local pot to generate a decent perfume, they need to place the fumigation pot away from burning materials.
'It is not advisable to lock up the whole house when putting fumigation in house because when the heat in a particular house increase there is a chance that fire may occur because every material has a burning point to ignite,' he stated.
The Executive Coordinator at the Environmental Builders and Youth Enterpreneurship Organisation the
Mr. Karamo Ceesay, a teacher at
He said the two institutions are doing their best to educate students on the dangers of fire outbreak whether at home or at school.
Mrs. Binta Sey-Jadama, KMC's Disaster Management Coordinator told this reporter that
The school cluster monitor for the area, Fabakary Jarjue also spoke at the ceremony on behalf of Mrs. Anna Burang John Ceesay, the Regional Directress for Region One.