May 13, 2015, 1:11 PM
The late Alhaji Abdoulie Jobe Imam Ratib of Banjul and the
acclaimed chief patron of 26 Islamic organization throughout The Gambia died in
the hands of his immediate family on Monday 10th June 2004.He was 94 years old
and lived at 39 Lancaster street in Banjul. A renowned scholar in the field of
Islamic studies, Alhaji ABDOULIE Jobe did his primary and secondary school
2. A collection of 500 Hadith of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and his four rightly guided companions, primarily designed to encourage exemplary character-building in Gambian schools (Book is still in manuscript).
3. English translation of RAUDHAT AL-MU' ASIRIN- THE Garden of my contemporaries (In manuscript). .
4. RAUDHA T AL-MU' ASIRIN in Arabic.
5. A Diwan of poetic verses on various Islamic subjects including history, the miracle of the Holy Quran, ethics, exemplary life of famous spiritual leaders and Islamic Sufism.(in manuscript-Diwan comprises over 2000 poetic verses).
6. THE IDEAL PROPHET (completed in December 1995).
7. Ethic on the pilgrimage to
8. A number of papers and pamphlets including a general time-table for prayer and fasting hours to last for several years particularly designed for Muslims in the Senegambian Region (printed by the Government printer of The Gambia)
In his book 'The Ideal Prophet' Imam Jobe charts the course
of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) through childhood, youth, ordination to prophet
hood, proclamation of the call, facing the wrath of his people, migration and
ultimately leaving behind a community of Muslims united and imbued with a
degree of faith capable to inspiring and illuminating the hearts of
contemporary and future generations. This book lays special emphasis on the
transcendent dignity of The Holy Prophet's position among the divine messengers
of Allah. An attempt is made to demonstrated how his brilliant personality, his
unique prophet hood, the resounding success of his divine mission, the wisdom
and practicality of his eternal message entitled him to the unique position of
the seal of the prophets as described in the Holy Quran - the last of the long
line of prophets arid apostles of all ages. His Book - The Holy Quran is also
designated the last repository of The Shari'ah laws, which categorically
abrogate almost all previous divine laws given to the Prophets before him. The
book examines two distinct subject areas. The first four chapters essentially
seek to narrate the major events and episodes of the Holy Prophet's life,
(a)the pre-prophet hood period,(b )the Makkah phase,( c )the period spent in
Medina,( d)the jihad he waged, (e )the pilgrimage he performed and (f)his
demise. The remaining chapters demonstrate the exemplary nature of his unique
character, and the functionality and viability of the institutions he left for
the Ummah. It is not possible to describe and analyze all these institutions in
the pages of the book. We have only concentrated on few of them which we believe,
are of profound interest to our audience and which are often subjects of
distortions. The institutions presented in this book Cover (1) marriage, (2)
the economic and social systems of Islam and (3 )Islamic political values and
concept of sovergnity. The final chapters present the greater miracle of the
Holy Prophet (PBUH)- The Holy Quran- its characteristics and attributes, and
also provide a synthesis of The Holy Prophet's character and his eternal
message. It must be mentioned that from 1962 to 1987, the author made the
pilgrimage to Makkah eight times and travelled extensively in
IMAM JOBE was
appointed Justice of the Peace by Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II in 1948.
He was decorated with the insignia of Officer of the National Order of The
Republic of The Gambia -