#Article (Archive)

Fire engulfs house in Bakau

Apr 15, 2015, 12:43 PM | Article By: Alieu Bobb

A compound comprise of two self-contained master bedroom houses and a room and palour was on Sunday night burnt to ashes in Bakau. The victims said that valuable house furniture, cloths and a cash of D80,000 were all consumed by the inferno.

Mrs Amie Jatta, a victim, told The Point that the incident happened at 3am when their electricity metre ignited as result of the power fluctuation “on and off” by NAWEC, the national electricity provider.

She said her D80,000 which she recently withdrew from bank for some family use was also burnt. 

They could not recover anything from the house, as everything was burnt, she added.

The woman appealed for support from individuals and institutions “to assist us because all what we are having is gone”. 

Fatou Janha,one of the victims who occupied one of the self-contained houses sustained some injuries from the fire. she was hospitalised and later discharged.

Potential donors could contact Amie Jatta on mobile 7519718, Fatou Janha on mobile 9402689.