The disaster consumed the entire compound, leaving them with only cloths they wore.
Wally Bah, the compound head expressed sadness with the incident, saying their groundnuts, rice, coos (early millet), money, beans, bowls, beds, suitcases and clothes, among their other belongings were all burned to ashes.
He said they were homeless without food, cash and cloths.
Alkalo of the village, Erel Sowe, expressed sympathy with the victims, saying this was the biggest disaster to have ever occurred at his village.
He appealed for urgent assistance on behalf of victims from authorities, philanthropists and anyone who can help.
Sorry Darboe, Banni Ward councilor, described the disaster as very serious, saying the family would suffer before getting recovering financially and emotionally.
The councilor appealed to authorities to help the area with a fire and rescue service post. Mr. Darboe advised people to be very careful with fire.
Meanwhile, neighbours tried to put off the fire but their efforts were rendered useless by the wild fire.
It could be recalled that last month, another compound in Lamin Koto (Jabbi Kunda) was burnt to ashes by a fire incident.