Sep 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
Brufut Marathon Association (BMA) invites the general public to participate in the 17th Annual Brufut Marathon event scheduled for 17th December 2011. The event would mark the first Half Marathon (21km) and Ten Kilometers (10km) Run open for both male and female.
The Half Marathon would start at St. Charles Lwanga Church at Faji Kunda via Westfield, Traffic Lights on Kairaba Avenue, Senegambia,Brusubi turntable to Brufut Lower Basic School. The Ten Kilometers Run would start at Palma Rima Hotel to Brufut Lower Basic School.The nationwide cycling race would start at Sheraton Hotel Brufut via Banjul and North Bank Region, Janjangbureh, Basse, Soma, Brikama, Gunjur and finally Brufut. Other events along the day are a Fun Run for Children and Walk Race. A special Fun Run for all non-elites would bring an end to a historic day in Brufut come 17th December 2011.
Come and join the fun created by this marvelous local community event, which is now A household name in The Gambia. We encourage non-runners to attend the festival that is characterizing the best sporting event in Brufut in The Gambia. All national and ability levels are welcome. Registration Fee is D100.00 (One Hundred Dalasi) for African residents and 15.00 (Fifteen Pounds Sterling) for non-Africans.
Distinguished Participants and Sponsors can Contact:
1. Max Jallow @ National Sports Council - Tel: 9922561
2. Matin Myers @ Friends of The Gambia Association (fotga), UK email email@example.com
3. Alieu Jarju @ Gambia College - Tel: 9923359
4. Ba.s.jabbi@solifo Investment - Tranquil, Tel: 9918563/7831414
5. Sainabou Kujabi @ Point Newspaper - Tel: 9803509
6. Moses Nden @ Taranga - FM Tel: 9916465
7. Ousman Sanno @ Brufut Nursery School - Tel: 9859888/3331571
8. Pa Modou Faal PRO NISA, Tel: 9821736
Deadline for Registration is 1st December 2011. Awesome prices await the winners and all participants. Courtesy of the World Food Program Basket introduced last year by Philip Duterloo and Eric Bernin.
Executive Director, BMA