Oct 23, 2020, 11:30 AM
President Adama Barrow, the commander-in-chief of The Gambia Armed Forces has promoted Major General Yakuba Drammeh, the Chief of Defence Staff and three other senior officers, according to a news release.
At the end of the discussions, the M2D accepted the request for postponement of the demonstration of Saturday March 13, 2021 made by the venerated Caliph.
In return, the M2D sent the Khalif a memorandum with 10 points demand. These ten points are:
1. Immediately and unconditionally release all incarcerated political prisoners and quash all charges against them.
2. Set up an independent National Commission, inclusive and open to civil society, the opposition and religious leaders, among others, to assess the reparations and compensation to be granted to the families of the victims and to assess their proper execution
3. Immediately end the politico-judicial plot against Ousmane Sonko and refrain from any further charges against him: restore his parliamentary immunity
4. Open an independent investigation to find and bring before national and / or international courts all those who, in the police as among the thugs and militiamen recruited by the authorities, are guilty of crimes in the demonstrations as well as their sponsors
5. Immediately stop the persecution of opponents, threats and intimidation, including through phone tapping and espionage;
6. Restore the rights of political actors illegally stripped of their rights to prevent them from standing for election;
7. Make a public commitment to organize local elections in 2021, legislative elections in 2022 and the Presidential election in 2024 under free, democratic and transparent conditions;
8. Publicly recognise the constitutional and moral impossibility of running for a third term
9. Require the audit of the management of strategic social sectors such as water, especially rural, as well as health and education
10. Immediate end to land grabbing, audit of national land assets
The M2D places its full confidence in the moral authority of the venerated Khalifes of all the brotherhoods and of the Church and wishes them to find, for once, an attentive ear with President Macky Sall for a lasting peace in the country.
The M2D thanks the Senegalese people, especially young people, for the confidence placed in the movement.
The M2D calls on the people to remain mobilised and attentive.
Management and councilors of Basse Area Council (BsAC), say they have invested more than 29 million dalasis in delivering services to taxpayers in different communities within its Local Government Area (LGA) in the first quarter of 2021 alone.
Quadrangle, Banjul, 15 May 2020 - The Honourable Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs of the Republic of The Gambia,
The executive secretary and deputy spokesperson of Alliance for Patriotic Re-orientation and Construction (APRC), Dodou Jah, has expressed his utmost respect for the party leader of United Democratic Party (UDP) lawyer Ousainou Darboe.