coach of The Gambia national U-20 team Matarr Mboge has unveiled his final
squad for the forthcoming Fox Sport WAFU Zone A football tournament to be
hosted in Liberia from April 24 to 6 May 2018.
The young Scorpions are in group B with Guinea Conakry, Senegal and Mali for the Sub-regional football carnival. They will begin their group B campaign against Guinea Conakry on Wednesday 25 April at the Samuel K. Doe Stadium in Monrovia at 6pm.
Speaking at a press briefing held at the Gambia Football Federation Secretariat in Kanifing yesterday, coach Mboge said the team started training four months ago.
He said the team is well prepared for the tournament, noting that they have secured positive results in their test matches with top-flight sides.
Coach Mboge further stated that their objective is to make The Gambians proud, adding that their main target is to prepare for the 2019 Africa U-20 Youth Championship qualifiers.
The players selected for the WAFU Zone tournament are:
1. Yankuba Colley-Hawks
2. Ebrima Cham-Gamtel
3. Ousman Gai-Stade De Mbour, Senegal
4. Muhammed Sanneh-Real De Banjul
5. Sadi Gaye-Wallidan
6. Habibou Mendy-Brikama United
7. James Gomez-Real De Banjul
8. Modou Ndow-Wallidan
9. Lamin Conteh-GPA
10. Saikou Touray-Marimoo-vice captain
11. Matarr Ceesay-GAF
12. Ousman Joof-Marimoo
13. Edrisa Ndow-ASC Ndiambour-Senegal
14. Alagie Sarr-GPA
15. Alfusainey Jatta-Fortune FC
16. Adama Jammeh-GAF
17. Basiru Mbye-Lokeren-Belgium-captain
18. Abdoulie Sarr-Real De Banjul
19. Matarr Badjie-Hawks
20. Mustapha Drammeh-Stade De Mbour-Senegal