Inferno ravages 2 apartments in Willengara

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

A fire on Monday 19 August, 2019, engulfed two apartments in Willengara, leaving the occupants in dire need.

The fire incident according to family members consumed their valuable belongings and food items.

Mama Banja, a victim said that the fire incident started from a tailoring shop, eventually catching the entire house. But through the intervention from the neighbours and the officials from The Gambia Fire and Rescue Services, she said, they were able to put the fire under control. However, despite all those efforts, all items were consumed.

Madam Banja said they now live from hand to mouth as she appealed to the government and other government agencies for support.

The firefighters confirmed that the inferno caused no causality.