serious inferno has engulfed an office complex of the chairman of Kuntaur Area
Council (KAC) in Medina Wassu, Central River Region (CRR) North, consuming
office items and important documents last week.
The cause of the fire was said to have emanated from an electric spark. Meanwhile, the Council chairman’s office has been moved to Medina Wassu, while its main office in Kuntaur is under reconstruction.
Chairman Saikou Jawara said several important materials, including the Council’s official documents were burnt in the fire.
Niani District chief Alhagie Pierre Bah also expressed shock over the incident, describing the situation as ‘unfortunate’.
Councilors also expressed worried about the incident because it may affect their work as important records have been burnt.