violent fire incident in Sanyang Kunda in Kembujeh ward has shattered four
houses into ashes, leaving the family in a nightmare.
Haddy Jobe, wife of the land lord said the fire started from one Hawa Jallow’s house who noticed a flame from the roof but Hawa could not ascertain the cause of the fire because she was not using any smelling instincts (churaye). “Since there was no lighting fire in the house, we believe that it was caused by electricity.”
Mrs. Jobe said they lost all their belongings in the fire, but grateful to Allah that no life was involved.
According to her, the youth and women of the area have responded earlier to put their efforts before the arrival of the Fire and Rescue Services from Brikama.
Idrissa Jallow, husband to both Suwadou Bah and Hawa Jallow, whose entire houses were burnt to ashes said they are in difficult situation as they lost all their properties. “My second wife, Suwadou Bah has lost some amount of money which could not be accounted for as she could not remember the amount,’’ he said.
Kembujeh ward councilor Alieu K Darboe, who visited the family before the fire was put off by the community and the Fire Service said the situation was very disheartening as the nature of damage caused by the fire could not be estimated.
He called on authorities, philanthropists and humanitarian agencies to come to the aid of the Sanyang Kunda family who, he said lost their entire valuables. “The incident is sorrowful but I am equally thankful to Allah that there was no loss of lives or any other casualties during the incident.”
Councilor Darboe assured the family about his readiness to engage relevant authorities, starting with the Brikama Area Council, whose chairman has already send his sympathy to the family.
Kabafita Alkalo Alhagie Tombong Jawara thanked the youth, women, fire service and the entire community for their timely intervention.
Anyone who wish to support the family can reach to the councilor and the landlady on: 2095129/2607027/3445129/6691551.