appeal case before the Gambia Court of Appeal, involving the December 30
attackers, who were recently pardoned by the President and reinstated in the
army, is yet to be withdrawn.
The case came up on Monday before a three-member panel of judges headed by Justice Awa Bah, Justice Jacob A. Dada, and Justice Orifowomo.
When the case was called, O. Danso and E.R. Dougan appeared for the state whilst counsel Kennedy appeared for the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th appellants.
The appellants were absent, and the counsel for the 1st and 4th accused persons was absent too.
Counsel Kennedy said they were informed that the appellants had been granted a presidential pardon and, since their release, they had had no communication with them.
They tried to reach the other counsel for the 1st and 4th accused, but they could not, and were constrained too because it was their desire to file a notice of withdrawal, but they could not get the appellants to endorse it.
He, therefore, asked for an adjournment to get that done.
The state did not object.
The clerk of counsel B.S. Touray said they were not aware of the case.
Justice Bah then confirmed to him that B.S. Touray was served on 10 March, according to the affidavit of service he signed.
The case was then adjourned until 22 March 2017.
Justice Awa Bah then asked the state counsel to help them with the list of all those appellants pardoned by the president, because they do not know the names.