the latest state house press briefing yesterday, the director of press says
there is no new spokesperson and that as far as the presidency is concerned,
the position does not exist.
Amie Bojang Sissoho was responding to a question on whether the government indeed had appointed a new government spokesperson.
However, the minister of Information, Communication and Infrastructure, Demba Ali Jawo, who spoke to The Point gave a version in contrast to Mrs. Sissoho’s claim. According to Mr. Jawo, Ebrahim Sankareh had been appointed government’s spokesperson effective June 5, 2018.
“As far as I am concern, Ebrahim Sankareh is the spokesperson of the government,” Mr. Jawo said. “I have his appointment letter with me right here and according to the letter, he is appointed as spokesperson effective June 5, 2018.”
“Any official information that’s going to the media coming from office of the president office comes through my office,” Mrs. Sissoho had earlier told journalists at the State House press briefing. “So if you have not received it from my office as far as I’m concern it does not exist.”
The press director went further to note that as far as she was concerned, the minister of Information remains to be responsible official for carrying out that duty.
Mrs. Sissoho said: “As far as I’m concern, it is the minister of Information who is the person responsible for being the spokesperson of the government.”
She went on, “my role as stated is the spokesperson for the president I think that is clear, it didn’t come from my office, I don’t know where it came from and I don’t know how it got to the media; I cannot respond to that.”
I did not give it to GRTS; I don’t know where they got it; I don’t know who sent it; I don’t know who wrote it; I know nothing about it; I just saw it on television and people were calling me that’s all I can answer.”